This light and creamy salad will dress up any barbecue or picnic. The subtly of the peas is offset by the crunch from the jicama and celery. A tangy, lemon-dill dressing brings it all together perfectly!
Spring Pea and Jicama Salad
- 1 - 10- ounce bag frozen petite peas or fresh, if available
- 1 small jicama peeled and shredded
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove minced
Place frozen peas in a large bowl and thaw until tender.
Add jicama, celery, tomatoes and sunflower seeds and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, basil, salt and garlic and mix well.
Add dressing to the salad and toss until all ingredients are well coated.