These delicious little truffles are packed with minerals and offer the perfect balance of complex carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats. They freeze well, and they’re great to take on hikes or bike rides. This could replace your store-bought power bar.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter or oil
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter optional unsweetened, shredded coconut
Place the walnuts, cinnamon, and sea salt into a food processor. Process until nuts are finely ground.
Add the dates, cherries, coconut butter, and almond extract. Process again until combined and sticky. If you want more protein, add the nut butter.
Roll the mixture into small balls, then roll in shredded coconut. These keep well in the refrigerator and can also be frozen.