Have you ever tried cleverly disguising your tofu as scrambled eggs? Well this delicious breakfast dish definitely takes on the appearance of a familiar favorite. Tofu is such a great vegetarian protein and it contains powerful phytonutrients that help prevent cancer and heart disease. And the addition of tumeric makes this a very anti-inflammatory breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or avocado oil
- 8 oz. extra firm tofu e.g. Wildwood organic sprouted extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons ground tumeric
- 1/2 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Swiss chard kale or spinach
- 2 teaspoons wheat-free tamari sauce
- 1/2 of an avocado sliced
Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat. Wrap tofu in a large paper towel and gently squeeze to remove excess water. Crumble tofu and add it to the oil. Add nutritional yeast and tumeric. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add mushrooms and sea salt and saute until mushrooms soften (about 2 minutes). Add greens and saute for 1-2 minutes then add tamari. Transfer to a bowl and top with sliced avocado.