I’m always looking for creative ways to use Brussels sprouts and this tangy slaw is a perfect example! This slaw is packed with nutrients and is an excellent accompaniment to poultry or fish entrees. Works great with fish tacos!
Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ¼ cup arame soaked in 1 cup water
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts
- ½ small head purple cabbage
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Cut bottoms off Brussels sprouts and chop into fine strips or use food processor to shred.
- Chop purple cabbage into thin strips or shred in food processor.
- Blend shredded Brussels sprouts and cabbage in large bowl. Add raisins, poppy seeds and arame. Drizzle vinaigrette over the slaw and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.