This beautiful, colorful salad features some of my favorite ingredients! How can you go wrong with quinoa, asparagus and sun dried tomatoes? It’s a winning combination! This is the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish, chicken or lamb. It can also be a one-pot vegan meal!
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ bunch asparagus chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes rehydrated in warm water
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water and salt, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes (no need to stir).
Toss asparagus with sunflower oil and salt. Spread asparagus onto a baking sheet, leaving space between pieces. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
In large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, asparagus, sundried tomatoes and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and tamari.
Drizzle dressing over quinoa mixture and toss well. Serve warm or cold.