Lamb is high in iron and zinc and has some beneficial nutrients that are good for brain health. Not to mention that it marinates well and tastes delicious! Serve these lamb skewers with some quinoa and sauteed greens for a perfectly balanced meal.
Mediterranean Lamb Skewers
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound lamb leg steak
- Bamboo skewers soaked in water
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 30 garlic stuffed green olives
- In a medium-size bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, mint, oregano and sea salt and set aside.
- Cut the lamb leg steak into cubes and add to the bowl with the marinade. Combine until the lamb is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 - 4 hours.
- Set oven to broil (425 degrees).
- Layer the lamb, tomatoes and olives onto the skewers, alternating all three ingredients on each skewer.
- Place skewers on a broiler pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the lamb is medium-rare.