This is definitely a party a favorite, and great for your vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free friends. You can add to the vegetable suggestions and create your own fresh roll masterpiece!
Fresh Vegetarian Spring Rolls
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 package glass noodles
- 1 carrot shredded
- ½ cup snow peas thinly sliced
- ½ cup red peppers thinly sliced
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 package 9-inch round rice papers
- 6 large basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- In a medium saucepan, add three cups water and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil and add the noodles. Cook the glass noodles for 1 minute, then drain and rinse the noodles.
- Place all of the vegetables in small bowls for easy access.
- Add very warm water to a pie pan until it is about half full. Place individual rice paper in the water and soak until soft (~ 1 minute). Remove the rice paper from water and place on a cutting board.
- Place your favorite ingredients in the center of the rice paper and roll like a burrito! Place the basil leaf in as you're making your last roll, so that you can see it through the rice paper.
- Cut rolls in half and arrange on a platter. Serve with peanut dipping sauce (below).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Serve with Fresh Spring Rolls.