Bhutanese rice is a red rice that’s often served at Thai restaurants. I like it because it’s a whole grain and it cooks in half the time of brown rice. It also has a magnificent nutty flavor and pairs well with white beans and greens. This salad is an ideal side dish or a vegetarian meal all on its own!
- 1 cup Bhutan rice cooked
- 1 cup cooked white beans cannellini, baby lima, or flageolet
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 bunch chard de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
In a large bowl, combine rice, beans, parsley, chard, fennel and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
In small bowl, whisk olive oil, sherry vinegar, salt and garlic and well blended. Drizzle dressing over salad ingredients and toss until well coated. Serve warm or cold.