I was inspired by Trader Joes to make my own blend of my two favorite things — guacamole and hummus. And why not add some spinach for a nutrient boost? Not only is this a fabulous dip for red peppers, snap peas and cauliflower, but it also works as a spread or topping.
- 1 - 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic even better if it's roasted!
- 2 teaspoons sea salt adjust to taste
- Rinse the beans and place them in a food processor. Add the peeled and pitted avocado, tahini, spinach, olive oil and garlic. Blend and slowly add water until the hummus reaches a desired texture. Add sea salt to taste.